Hello! New guy here. I have an old grasshopper 750K and just aquired an older Ferris Procut 61. Looking forward to gaining and sharing knowlege here.

rpoturica

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hello! New guy here. I have an old grasshopper 750K and just aquired an older Ferris Procut 61. Looking forward to gaining and sharing knowlege here.
Hello! New guy here. I have an old grasshopper 750K and just aquired an older Ferris Procut 61. Looking forward to gaining and sharing knowlege here.

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Hello! New guy here. I have an old grasshopper 750K and just aquired an older Ferris Procut 61. Looking forward to gaining and sharing knowlege here.
Welcome Aboard.

rpoturica

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks!

Lawn Addict
Threads
(y)

Tiger Small Engine

Threads

Can you determine approximate age of these two machines? What shape and hours on each? What major issues are there? What is your goal, fix and keep or fix and resale?

rpoturica

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, not sure of the age. The Ferris model number is H2222K, with a serial number in the 5000s. The grasshopper I believe is a middle to late 90's model. The grasshopper I have used for 2 years and the motor has issues from overheating.( Grass packing in the shroud). I just bought the Ferris for a song, and even with 1000 hours, run really well. Will find out more in mowing season. I mow about 10 to 12 acres on our hilly Ky. property so they get a workout. Hope is to run the Ferris and work on the grasshopper motor, see if it can be fixed. It has a Kohler 20 command pro. Serious oil buring in 1 cylinder. The Ferris has a 22 horse Kohler that runs great.

rpoturica

Forum Newbie
Threads
The grasshopper has around 800 hours but is on it's 2nd engine. Supposedly.

rpoturica

Forum Newbie
Threads
1000003402.jpg

Tiger Small Engine

Threads

The Kohler Command is a great engine. Before running it anymore, remove the engine shrouds and get rid of the grass, debris and oil that is blocking the cooling fins. It may have already overheated and need more work. I am not a fan of Grasshopper zero turns but am very big on Ferris.

rpoturica

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's burning oil bad in one cylinder. Just got the Ferris, it seems to run great!