Hello from Richland, WA

cbpeck

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

My name is Caleb, and I'm from Richland, WA. My wife & I bought our first home over the winter, and since then we've been accumulating a lot of the equipment required to maintain the property. That, of course, includes a lawn mower. I still have nightmares about some of the mowers I used as a teen, so I wanted to make an informed decision and purchase a quality mower that would serve me well for years to come. I eventually found this forum, and am grateful for the abundance of helpful information here.

Earlier this week I bought a Honda HRX217VYA ( http://powerequipment.honda.com/lawn-mowers/models/hrx217vya ) from Home Depot for $630. This model has an updated drive control mechanism that I think I'm really going to appreciate.

The final choice came down to this Honda or the Toro Super Recycler 20383. My search actually began with the Toro lineup, but in the end I passed on the Toro because I questioned the quality of the *allegedly* Chinese engine. Yes, they do offer a Super Recycler with a Honda engine, but not with a blade stop.

I think I made a good choice, but only time will tell. Thanks again for all of the helpful information!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to the site ! I'm fairly new here myself. You'll find a lot of folks here willing to offer advice on most everything, I like your new Honda ..... nice !!
If I may .... offer a bit of advice, be sure you retain all the info. on your machine, ..... Model #, Serial # etc. etc. if you plan to maintain it yourself ( after warranty) I would obtain a service and parts manual and put em away till that time . OIL ........ keep it CLEAN !!!! keep it FULL !!! Hope you'll keep us updated on it's performance later .... Boobala :welcome: