Hello, folks.

chucketn

Threads
Hi, all. I'm Chuck from E. Tennessee. I came here to try to get help to troubleshoot and repair my 2 year old Troy-Bilt weed eater. Seems not much info available on the web.
I am retired, and not in the best of health. I have an acre lot that needs constant upkeep. Seems whenever I want to use a piece of gas powered equipment, it needs some tinkering to get going.
I'm certain there are others like me out there, that are tired of spending their meager funds on new equipment every couple years.
I also have a 15 year old lawn tractor that I have managed to keep running over the years, though it has a Tecumseh engine and there is less and less support for it every year.
Looking forward to learning from you all.

Chuck

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi, all. I'm Chuck from E. Tennessee. I came here to try to get help to troubleshoot and repair my 2 year old Troy-Bilt weed eater. Seems not much info available on the web.
I am retired, and not in the best of health. I have an acre lot that needs constant upkeep. Seems whenever I want to use a piece of gas powered equipment, it needs some tinkering to get going.
I'm certain there are others like me out there, that are tired of spending their meager funds on new equipment every couple years.
I also have a 15 year old lawn tractor that I have managed to keep running over the years, though it has a Tecumseh engine and there is less and less support for it every year.
Looking forward to learning from you all.

Chuck

Welcome to our world.

DaveTN

Threads
Hi Chuck and Welcome to the LMF! I'm from E. TN as well and I feel your pain.
I work on small engines of all kinds it seems. What can I do to help? :thumbsup:

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi and welcome to the forum, Chuck. :welcome:

I hope we can help you find some answers. The Troy-Bilt section is an excellent resource.

chucketn

Threads
[QUOTE from DaveTN What can I do to help? :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

I have 2 Troy-Bilt trimmers, a TB575SS and a newer TB675EC. The newer 675 has the Jumpstart feature which I like a lot(old guy with heart trouble). It has been working great up until yesterday. It has no spark. I think it fell of a low shelf onto the garage floor. I have tested the plug in the 575 and it will spark there. Are there any other tests I can do, like resistance?

BTW, I travel to McGee-Tyson to use the BX(retired USAF), and to Jefferson City to see a friend, are you near these places?

Chuck