Hello and help please

Ifixdit

Threads
Hi everyone. I have decided to get into small engine repair and since there are no courses offered at the local tech colleges here in Wichita KS I figured I'd grab a mower or two and start figuring things out. So far so good with a few yard sale mowers. My current challenge is finding a repair manual for a Swisher Trim Rite Gas Edger model 843. The model # is 91212 Type 013101 Code 94011103. I found a parts manual for a 543 but need the 843 parts list and manual. Thanks!

Ifixdit

Threads
Thanks Robert. I did get the info at the B & S website like you suggested. I went there looking before I made my post and couldn't find the info I needed because I was entering the model # the wrong way. For anyone else who has had this problem here's what I did wrong:

I took the following info off the top of the B & S engine:

Model # 91202
Type 0131 01
Code 94011103

I entered the model # above on the B & S.com website and found nothing so I ended up calling their 800 number for assistance.

The operator entered the same numbers above but in this format:

Model 091202-0131-01

Wa-la!! I got the parts listing and owner's manual I needed. Sweet!!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ifixdit...
Welcome to a very fun and informative forum... I am located just east of you:thumbsup:...
Hope to see you here a lot, there are a few other Kansans here....:smile:KennyV

Ifixdit

Threads
Hi Kenny. I'm looking forward to learning a lot from this forum. If you're ever in Mulvane let me know. Adam

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I go through Mulvane at least twice a wk...
Every Tuesday evening I go to Belle Plaine to my BIL and sisters place... then back around midnight...
Just got back from there now. (everything seemed quiet... as usual). :smile:KennyV

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I have moved your post to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!

dantheman#1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Everyone,

I bought a basket case Trim-Rite Edger Model 843 at a garage sale real cheap and the gas tank was super rusty inside and the carb was removed and the linkage was disconnected. I have the gas tank rust free and everything back together but I need help with the carburetor linkage. I know I'm close to having them hooked up correctly but the throttle lever isn't moving the linkage like it should so I've obviously still don't have all the linkage exactly where it belongs. Could anyone send a picture of a close up of the carb linkage. I have the original Trim Rite edger owners manual and the Briggs and Stratton model 91200 engine parts manual but none of this shows how the linkage should be attached and to what part of the carb. This engine of the model edger I have is a Model 91202 Type 0131-01 and the Code is 94011103.
PS: I live in Benton in Butler County, KS also.

Thanks

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is just an FYI from swisher "Swisher only has access to the Trim Rite 543 and 553B parts, though many of these components will work on other Trim Rite edgers."