Head Scratcher. Engine shuts down ONLY with mower running.

trophyman

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Head Scratcher. Engine shuts down ONLY with mower running.
OK, my 99 Lazer 60 CH25S was running great till this w/e. It runs fine till all at once it shuts down like somebody turned the key off. Went through the fuel system, new fuel filter, switched tanks, even replaced the pump NO JOY. So--here is what I've narrowed it down to. I can run it all day long IF I don't turn the mower deck on. Moving or not makes no difference, it will shut down after a minuet or two. If I catch it, and turn the mower off, it's like somebody turned the ignition back on.

So--safety switch?? anybody experienced this?? All suggestions appreciated.

impalass

Threads
OK, my 99 Lazer 60 CH25S was running great till this w/e. It runs fine till all at once it shuts down like somebody turned the key off. Went through the fuel system, new fuel filter, switched tanks, even replaced the pump NO JOY. So--here is what I've narrowed it down to. I can run it all day long IF I don't turn the mower deck on. Moving or not makes no difference, it will shut down after a minuet or two. If I catch it, and turn the mower off, it's like somebody turned the ignition back on.

Have you checked all the wires.

trophyman

Forum Newbie
Threads

OK---An Update.

I can run and cut fine if I only run it at 3/4 throttle?????????? Over speed sensor someplace??????????