hayter harrier 56 hot start problem

pmb111

Forum Newbie
Threads
hi this hayter harrier 56 is the newer model with b & s 850e motor . it starts first pull and runs perfectly all day if not stopped but then will not start until called down and then starts first pull .compression is very good when cold and the same when hot . I tested spark with tester and spark jumped gap easily when hot or cold . I have no experience with the carb on the 850e any advice please thanks

mistermowerman

Threads
hi this hayter harrier 56 is the newer model with b & s 850e motor . it starts first pull and runs perfectly all day if not stopped but then will not start until called down and then starts first pull .compression is very good when cold and the same when hot . I tested spark with tester and spark jumped gap easily when hot or cold . I have no experience with the carb on the 850e any advice please thanks

Hello, something to think about is if after you have finished mowing and you push the mower to the next lawn as you push it with the engine off you can get what is called float tremble which is where excess fuel goes into the carb giving it a over fueled state and to make it worse your auto choke has come on by now choking an over fueled engine stopping it starting easily.

pmb111

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, something to think about is if after you have finished mowing and you push the mower to the next lawn as you push it with the engine off you can get what is called float tremble which is where excess fuel goes into the carb giving it a over fueled state and to make it worse your auto choke has come on by now choking an over fueled engine stopping it starting easily.

hi I do fairly large lawns and the problem normally happens after running for about10 minutes and stopping to empty grassbag .I think the choke thermostat could be the problem but if choke butterfly is being held open the mower would not run very well . I have used it without the grassbag as an experiment and it ran perfectly until running out of petrol . thanks for your ideas .