Having some problem getting my carborator back together...

MD56

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Having some problem getting my carborator back together...
Hi All,

I have a TB walk behind with a Briggs and Stratton 6.75hb mower. It died on me the other day so I decided to strip the carb and give it a good cleaning.

Well I got it 95% back together and on the motor and then ran into an issue... i have one small spring left and I cant figure out how it attaches.

I'm pretty sure it's the spring that controls the throttle plate because now the throttle plate just swings without any tension.

The other weird thing is that there is a verticle post that screws into the top of the carb. This post is attached at a 90 degree angle to a rod that goes into the top of the motor houseing. This post has a weird bracket on it and if I screw it down it interfears with the movement of the throttle plate.

So basically i'm in a bit of trouble lol.

My B&S motor model is: 126L02-0675-F2

If anyone can point me towards any documentation on this i'd really appreciate it.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Link

It shows 2 different carbs, one is for the choke model, the other is the primer model.

MD56

Forum Newbie
Threads
Link

It shows 2 different carbs, one is for the choke model, the other is the primer model.

So what i'm having problems with is actually here

The Vane-Air assembly. It attaches to the top of the carburetor body but when installed, there is a little tab on it that interferes butterfly valve and keeps it from moving.

The spring associated with this part is the one i'm referring to in my original question.

MD56

Forum Newbie
Threads
Appreciate the feedback but I figured it out. It was the Air Vane Spring.

Thanks guys.