Haven't had internet for awhile, added a few more snappers!

Alanky

Threads
  • / Haven't had internet for awhile, added a few more snappers!
I have not been around for awhile. I dont have internet at home anymore. Last I counted.. I have atleast 25 snappers now! here are a few of the latest additions.

Old school 21" and 18" aluminum decks. Picked up these two from the original owner, real interesting ole fella! I talked to him for quite awhile. Said he had a snapper tiller at
at one time, but I was to late for it. One of these days I will find some snapper tillers!

IMAG0949_zps7e836ccf.jpg

IMAG0950_zpse82a00bd.jpg

A few walk behinds, but not all of them!

IMAG0884_zps370b13f8.jpg

Bought these three 2-cycle snappers from a guy for $50, then on the way home I found this mint series 6 RER! Still looking for a W/R 2-cycle.

IMAG0927_zps406629be.jpg

Picked this up from an older lady today for a whole $15! Fired right up, and cut about an acre of my yard tonight.

IMAG0958_zps94fae098.jpg

Little shed I planned on tearing down is FULL! Getting ready to build a snapper building for all my snappers.

IMAG0963_zps5ac5499b.jpg

IMAG0964_zpsed733376.jpg

Main shed has its share as well, plus several in my garage.

IMAG0887_zps362c9b77.jpg

My wife keeps asking...WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!? Im afraid I may be starting to ask myself the same question!

Alanky

Threads
I also put this one together for my dad. After all, it is his fault I'm addicted! He sat me on his comet HV (which I still have) many years ago, and I've been in love every since. He started push mowing his yard for exercise years ago, but has been having some health issues lately. I think he was reluctant to use it at first, but now my mom tells me he loves it. Im sure it brings back lots of memories for him. He used to ride me and my brother around all the time on his ole comet. His didnt have the foot bar you hold down to keep the blades engaged, I heard from my mom that the first time he used it he just pulled the blade lever up and took off. Made a few trips around the yard before he realized something was not right..haha. I stopped in for a bit today and caught him using it.

IMAG0955_zpsc8e83cd1.jpg

IMAG0956_zpscf22cf75.jpg

Tommyboyxd

Threads
There is nothing wrong with you..... As for me.... Jealous!

briggs

Threads
I also put this one together for my dad. After all, it is his fault I'm addicted! He sat me on his comet HV (which I still have) many years ago, and I've been in love every since. He started push mowing his yard for exercise years ago, but has been having some health issues lately. I think he was reluctant to use it at first, but now my mom tells me he loves it. Im sure it brings back lots of memories for him. He used to ride me and my brother around all the time on his ole comet. His didnt have the foot bar you hold down to keep the blades engaged, I heard from my mom that the first time he used it he just pulled the blade lever up and took off. Made a few trips around the yard before he realized something was not right..haha. I stopped in for a bit today and caught him using it.

IMAG0955_zpsc8e83cd1.jpg

IMAG0956_zpscf22cf75.jpg

love the old snappers the rear engine was a great mower I loved the fact u could store some of them on there ends I had a newer one it was junk

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
WOW!!! I love vintage lawn mowers! They were well made back then! Mowers these days are not as good unless you pay about 1K+. Keep us posted on the collection! I wish I could have as many mowers.

Do you still use them or simply store them?

Mow Joe

Threads
Alan, as you know, I'm only about 20 miles away from you. I bet I sold those 2-cycles new. I remember a regional rep from Tecumseh once told me that they had only a couple of dealers in his region that would stock that 2-cycle Snapper. It was the easiest starting and easiest to sell mower I think we ever had. I loved them and actually bought one for myself as well. We probably sold 75-100 of them. They turned out to be the most impressive piece of junk I ever put my hands on :ashamed:

Alanky

Threads
I still use most of them. Yesterday I used 3 different RERs and 2 different push mowers to cut my yard.

I bet you did sell the two self propel mowers! He told me he got the push from a flea market in Indiana to use for parts. Guess he never needed parts because it is complete. He quit using them a few years back, said he was tired of mixing fuel and he had got a deal on a Honda. I put fuel in the 1st one and cranked away. It hit one time, but never ran. Put fuel in the 2nd, and I kid you not it roared to life in one pull! Screaming at full rpm with no response from the throttle lever. That tells me it must be sucking air some where. 3rd non self propel is lock up tight as a drum. I was in Nashville a couple weeks ago and had some time to kill. Went to a mower dealer and found another 2-cycle tecumseh snapper. It was a newer model ( I'd say mid 90's ), this engine was all black. Had a tag hanging on it that said "needs flywheel, $50". I had no idea the 2-cycle tecumseh was used on snappers this new. I thought about making an offer, but figured I really don't need it and besides I paid $50 for 3! They want $50 for one! Haha

Myamada1230

Threads
image-3953813335.png

I have a thing for snappers as well...

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

cashman

Threads
Those Comet 307X and 308X riders were some of the best Snapper riders made.

Myamada1230

Threads
I have not been around for awhile. I dont have internet at home anymore. Last I counted.. I have atleast 25 snappers now! here are a few of the latest additions.

Old school 21" and 18" aluminum decks. Picked up these two from the original owner, real interesting ole fella! I talked to him for quite awhile. Said he had a snapper tiller at
at one time, but I was to late for it. One of these days I will find some snapper tillers!

A few walk behinds, but not all of them!

Bought these three 2-cycle snappers from a guy for $50, then on the way home I found this mint series 6 RER! Still looking for a W/R 2-cycle.

Picked this up from an older lady today for a whole $15! Fired right up, and cut about an acre of my yard tonight.

Little shed I planned on tearing down is FULL! Getting ready to build a snapper building for all my snappers.

Main shed has its share as well, plus several in my garage.

My wife keeps asking...WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!? Im afraid I may be starting to ask myself the same question!

Do you have an issue with your pac-n-sac leaking where the bottom half slides in?

Sent from my iPhone using LMF