Haunted House for Halloween?

brucesdeere

Threads
How hard do you think it would be to make a haunted house for Halloween? Would it be ok to use cardboard or would plywood be necessary?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have built a lot of haunted house props in the past...
If it is going to be scenery almost anything will do...

BUT if it is going to be a functional 'contact' prop, you will need to make it very durable and safe... :smile:KennyV

macky

Threads
I'm amazed by the preparations you make for Halloween. It's a cultural thing for you, indeed. Anyhow, we did make a haunted house back in college during the school fair. We used cardboards from used carton boxes. We just didn't paint them though. We made real artwork out of them by creating layers of cardboards to create 3D impressions.

Since it was a fair, we made use of real people to act as statues that suddenly move and scare the kids. We made some money from it :)

monica123

Threads
I would love to do something like this as well for the Halloween party we are planning for the kids, I will have to peruse some sites and see what I find.

brucesdeere

Threads
Perhaps I could do a combination of plywood and cardboard. I do not want it to be permanent but I wouldn't mind being able to reuse it again next year.