Hard to pull the starter

TVZ

Threads
The belt on my Honda Easy Start GCV160 came off, probably because there was so much grass crammed up in that area. I took off the blades and belt guard, but could not get the belt off so I brought it in. The guy put the belt on, but said he could not start it without the blades, which I had not brought. Some technical thing nowadays I guess where you have to have the blades in place to start the motor. Brought it home, put on blades but left off guard which seemed to just cause the belt area to get crammed with grass. Went to start her, but it's too hard pulling the rope--as though the engine has a lot more compression, so it's very hard to turn it over. Does this make sense to anyone? Any clues what I need to do (other than bring it to a mechanic)?
THANKS

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The mower may have been tipped that resulted in oil entering the cylinder and it is hydrolocked. Remove the spark plug and then turn over and see if oil comes out of the spark plug hole. Just be aware that if oil is present it will go everywhere.

TVZ

Threads
Thnx for the tip, Ilengine. I went out to do as you suggested, and for some reason it seems to have fixed itself! She started right up. Thanks though...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the oil level.
Somtimes the float fails to stop the fuel and it fills up the cylinder then drains down into the crank.
This thins the oil and can do big damage in a small amount of time

TVZ

Threads
Thanks for the tip, Bertsmobile! Will do!