hard start

governor

Forum Newbie
Threads
On my 1050 my engine will not turn over, (or around) I charged the battery and the charger tester reports that the battery is 100% still about the only way to gt the engine to spin is to assist it with my hand.Any thoughts on this problem? I am going to see if a car battery will spin it

what?

Threads
Is it harder than usual to turn the motor over or is it starter problems - I assume it has a starter motor

One of mine a while back had a leak in the carb that allowed fuel to fill the cylinder.
To check take the spark plug and see if the cylinder has fuel.
If this happens, usually also has fuel mixed with the oil too.

governor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did go to a local mower repair shop and spoke to a technician who told me that it was possible that although my battery charger shows that my battery is at 100%, since I did not do a amp test it is possible that my battery could still be bad because of the lack of amperage.I am going to attempt to do a complete battery test and I do hope that it is my battery, which will cost only =/-$50

what?

Threads
Could be, worth a try
What I was indicating is, as long as your cylinders are not full of fuel, in which case it can damage things.

Does your mower have points and coil or a magneto.
If it's a magneto as long as it spins it should generate enough spark. Battery drain does not affect it the same as points and coil.

jross

Threads
On my 1050 my engine will not turn over, (or around) I charged the battery and the charger tester reports that the battery is 100% still about the only way to gt the engine to spin is to assist it with my hand.Any thoughts on this problem? I am going to see if a car battery will spin it

I had the same problem with our 1600. Adjusting the valves returned the compression release to functionality.