Towing Hand pushing a Toro 6000

Buck1x

Threads
How do I release the drive so I can move the Toro 6000 without damage?

Micah Haarhoff

Threads
should be a lever under the seat...on mine any way

Buck1x

Threads
Thank you! I will give it a more thorough look.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you do not have an owners manual, go to TORO's web page and download one . They are free.
Older ZTR's had a bypass valve with a lever or rod on them.
Newer models just have a nut, one on each motor or pump so there will be 2 on your mower.
Usually it has a funny looking head so when you look down there will be dozens of plain hex headed bolts then one with slots or dimples, this is the bypass valve.

dhall57

Threads
Not sure if your 6000 is the same but this is a pic of the release lever(another one right side of motor) on my ZX5400. Right now the levers are in the position so you can roll the mower around. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 100_5633.jpg
    100_5633.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 16

Buck1x

Threads
Not sure if your 6000 is the same but this is a pic of the release lever(another one right side of motor) on my ZX5400. Right now the levers are in the position so you can roll the mower around. Hope this helps.

Thank you! Mine has nothing like that.

Buck1x

Threads
Thank you. I have looked all over and have used the operators manual including figure 38. I must have had my head where i could not see out of so I will go try again.

Buck1x

Threads
If you do not have an owners manual, go to TORO's web page and download one . They are free.
Older ZTR's had a bypass valve with a lever or rod on them.
Newer models just have a nut, one on each motor or pump so there will be 2 on your mower.
Usually it has a funny looking head so when you look down there will be dozens of plain hex headed bolts then one with slots or dimples, this is the bypass valve.

I'll go have a look! Thank you.