GX630 Ignition Switch

Dwellonroof

Threads
Does anyone have a link to an aftermarket ignition switch that has ground to run? I repowered a Terramite backhoe but in need of a switch.
I picked up a stems that has ground and M but when it is in the run position it breaks the ground.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Can you post the wiring schematic of the equipment? As it very unusual to have a ground in run position.

With that said I did find a few the have ground in run (on) position but they are only two position switches. Referencing Delta and Indak switches. Indak does make one three position switch that has M+G in off and S+G in start position, nothing in run position.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you post the wiring schematic of the equipment? As it very unusual to have a ground in run position.

With that said I did find a few the have ground in run (on) position but they are only two position switches. Referencing Delta and Indak switches. Indak does make one three position switch that has M+G in off and S+G in start position, nothing in run position.
About 10-12 years ago Honda redesigned the Honda V-twin. They went to a Hemi style head assembly which changed the angle of the exhaust ports which prevented a direct exhaust swap even if you were replacing a like kind engine, And they went to a ground to run ignition which requires replacing the key switch in equipment.

What was told at the Honda update was to locate a new piece of equipment from that OEM that uses the new engine and get a key switch and exhaust for that unit to fit to the replacement engine unit.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Boy isn't that a royal pain. Even they couldn't you for which they used.

But I can see from the schematic posted that it will need to be one of the Honda combination switches. Now getting someone to give the info needed is a different story. It will probably take a dealer to figure this out and I am not one.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It is possible that the 35100-Z6L-003 is the correct switch based on the GX630 WSM here.

Referencing IPL of the GX630RH VXE2 GCAMH-1000001-1999999.

Dwellonroof

Threads
It is possible that the 35100-Z6L-003 is the correct switch based on the GX630 WSM here.

Referencing IPL of the GX630RH VXE2 GCAMH-1000001-1999999.
That’s the one I looked up but can’t find any real info on it.
Oh, that's the one that was on the engine but it doesn't fit the key hole and I cut the wires to extend them to the dash. If worse comes to worse I can install a separate on/off switch along with the other that I already have.

Last edited:

Dwellonroof

Threads
I don't think this is ground to start unless I install a relay or seperate on/off switch

35100-772-003​

Last edited: