Guns!

harleyron74

Threads
My fathers place was in the country 40 years ago when he built it and when he died 3 years ago it was urban so he had to use stealth when it came to offing the odd varment. In his younger days he was a crack shot with pistol,rifle or bow but the years took there tole on his eyesight and the detached retina was about the last straw so he switched to bird shot loads in his Ruger single six. The noise was tolerable in the middle of the day but barked A bit at daybreak. He used .22 shorts for many years but as the farm land filled in with houses he went to CB & BB caps. There very nice for urban shooting. Nearly silent.

Good Luck!
H.R.

jimbo64

Threads
What is your favorite gun for killing varmints? I have a .22 rifle that I think is going to work very nicely. I know people who use pellet guns and swear by them, any thoughts?

357 magnum -----------heh,heh,heh-------works on all varmints:laughing:

Hand2ThePlow

Threads
My son came over last night with his latest purchase, a Barretta .380 What a sweet gun. We set up some targets and shot through a couple of boxes with his little brother.

This was the first time my youngest son had shot a hand gun and I was very pleased with the safety instruction my other boy gave him, very clear, very firm. He surprised all of us with his accuracy from the very first shot.

Of course now he wants a gun of his own... I think I'll go buy them another guitar instead.:rolleyes: