Groundmaster for larger area mowing?

psween

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have about 13 acres to mow, including 6 acres of turf runway for aircraft. I currently use a JD F935 with a 72" deck and it takes me around 8 hours to do the whole lot. I've been looking into larger mowers and wonder if anyone has firsthand experience with the Groundmaster 455 or 580? Things to watch out for, etc. I could use a pull behind type for the runway, but the remainder of the property has a lot of trees to go around, so kind of looking for something that's still maneuverable while covering a lot of ground on the open areas. Thanks for any advice!

Patrick

gfp55

Threads
Toro makes some good machines and the Groundmaster series is a nice one. You will cover a lot of ground with that machine. Its a commercial machine so you can many good years out of it with proper maintenance. I do not have one but I have seen them before and they look very well built and they have a great cut. I would love to have one. The 455 is good enough for me, but if you go with a bigger one, more power to you. If you have the money for one then get it. I don't think you will regret getting it. Very nice machine. Keep us updated and post some pictures if you decide to get one, OK. Good Luck

logan01

Threads
I'm sure that's a good mower. I would consider keeping the JD and getting a finishing mower for that tractor you surely have. :smile: