Buying Advice Grinder?

Bomba

Threads
Bomba, looks like a good start with your rig in the garage. Treat it like a good car and it will return the favor.

Thanks MOTO. I'm doing my best, I really wanna look after my new property.

image-3576872239.jpg

This some of my lawn.

HarryHarley

Threads
The company was selling some on ebay. About $175 (last year) plus shipping. I have 5 mowers that I sharpen the blades 2x per year. I figured it paid for itself in a year.
Wish I would have bought it years ago.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I also use a Bradley Blade Grinder. For the price it works great for me.....

We bought this one as well. Cutting Bahia grass many times in mid to late summer we have to sharpen them daily.

It does a great job.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Bradley a pretty machine...but with a flat bed a person will have difficulty with curved blades. No?

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
With curved blades the freehand grinding technique can follow the edge due to our highly developed hand-eye coordination. In the factory a grinding fixture is used for curved blades which has a carbide "finger" set vertically at the axis of the wheel, on the outer radius. It is pointed and just clears the grind stone. The blade is fitted to a movable table or sleeve and the wheel is lowered to achieve the desired cutting edge. The blade is run over the finger and maintains a constant set. Expensive wheels are used like the pink Bradley wheel or the white Nortons. Beautiful results are achieved. But satisfactory results can be acheived with the H-Frt 10" pedestal grinder (or equivalent) and the common grey wheel. (with practice) :drink:

Last edited: