Greeting all, I'm new here

skutflut

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just a quick introduction. My name is Mike. I live near Toronto, Ontario. I'm 63 and I retired 15 months ago after working as a Distribution System Operator for a local power distribution company for 16 years. For 20 years before that, I sold and installed SCADA systems and high voltage test equipment to power utilities, and industrial grade Fire and Security Alarm systems servicing mainly auto manufacturing plants. for 9 years before that, I worked as a master meter mechanic for a Swiss company that supplied electricity meters to large power utilities and industrial customers.

I have a 22 inch Yard Pro self propelled mower, with a Kohler XT-7 engine, not very impressive, but it does the job. Also have a Craftsman 27" snowblower, with a B&S 1350 snow series 305cc engine on it, which beats shoveling. My other engine is in a Generac 14KW natural gas standby generator, with a 992cc V-twin air cooled engine rated at about 30 HP, which hopefully prevents a repeat of the 76 hour power outage in December, 2013 after our ice storm.

Keeping all these machines happy takes a little time out of my woodworking hobby, but everything works, and I still have all my fingers :thumbsup:

Joined this forum after joining a similar snowblower forum, and the Ziller Electric Generator forum. These forums are a huge wealth of information when questions arise, usually with answers as to how to fix something yourself, instead of having to head to a shop where you take your chances.

I hope I can contribute something once in a while.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to this forum.

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
:welcome: Welcome fellow Canadian, I live south of you down by Windsor.:thumbsup:

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum!

:welcome:

We're happy to have you here.

AllenPKang

Threads
Welcome to the forum!We're happy to have you here.