Gravely ZTHD52 VS Dixie Chopper Magnum 2250R

medets

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok I have narrowed these 2 mowers down. Mainly because the dealers are close and service will be easy. I have negotiated the price to be the same $5100 OTD. Now I need advice as to which one to go with. I have Approximately 3 acres to mow with many oak trees. (I am in SE Louisiana) Any advice would be appreciated. I have been researching and shopping for months. Other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ok I have narrowed these 2 mowers down. Mainly because the dealers are close and service will be easy. I have negotiated the price to be the same $5100 OTD. Now I need advice as to which one to go with. I have Approximately 3 acres to mow with many oak trees. (I am in SE Louisiana) Any advice would be appreciated. I have been researching and shopping for months. Other suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

If you have your mind set on one of these two mowers and they are both the same price then I would go with the Dixie chopper. It has a better engine, and larger hydros than the zt hd. The fr engine on the zt hd is the residential Kawi engine and it has zt3100 hydros. The magnum has the commercial fs series Kawi engine with zt3200 hydros, so it has a heavier made drive train. Are there any other brands in your area?

medets

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, Scag, XMark. Just found the Scag dealer actually. So if you have a budget of $5000-$5500 and need a mower for approx. 2 acres of mostly flat but many Oak trees. Which would you suggest?

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, Scag, XMark. Just found the Scag dealer actually. So if you have a budget of $5000-$5500 and need a mower for approx. 2 acres of mostly flat but many Oak trees. Which would you suggest?

If those are your only choices I would still go with the Dixie chopper. Scag and exmark will cost much more for the same drive train options.

wdrdoctor

Threads

What type of grass will you be mowing? Is there a lot of weeds within your grass,or is it very good quality grass?
Will you be mowing your grass when it's wet?

medets

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mostly St aug. Some weeds. Rarely if ever I will mow when wet.

wdrdoctor

Threads
Demo both dixie chopper,and gravely. That's how you should make your decision.