Gravely Pro 460 V Toro Z Master 6000

harks11

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have about 10 acres with a bit of slope so after much research arrived at needing a wide mower with a good stance, good quality build and service within a short distance. That brought me down to two mowers.Gravely Pro 460 and the Toro Z Master 6000 60". I know there are many others that are just as good or arguably better but the service distance is a factor. Looking for differing points, Gravely has a shorter warranty, 3 v 5 years, Toro is more expensive, Toro has smaller motor, 27 v 31 Kawasaki. Apart from that they all look great build. What I dont have experience in is the transmission side of things. Is there a big difference between the two. Opinions on which way to go gratefully listen too. Cheers

vaskeet

Threads
I have about 10 acres with a bit of slope so after much research arrived at needing a wide mower with a good stance, good quality build and service within a short distance. That brought me down to two mowers.Gravely Pro 460 and the Toro Z Master 6000 60". I know there are many others that are just as good or arguably better but the service distance is a factor. Looking for differing points, Gravely has a shorter warranty, 3 v 5 years, Toro is more expensive, Toro has smaller motor, 27 v 31 Kawasaki. Apart from that they all look great build. What I dont have experience in is the transmission side of things. Is there a big difference between the two. Opinions on which way to go gratefully listen too. Cheers

Do you have horses? if so the toro equine savings program gives you 26% off msrp I can get a toro 6000 with 34 hp efi kohler for $1100 + taxes

harks11

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do you have horses? if so the toro equine savings program gives you 26% off msrp I can get a toro 6000 with 34 hp efi kohler for $1100 + taxes

Thanks vaskeet, but no horses, took me a minutes to understand toro equine savings program (Toro Products | Equine Savings - Horsemen save up to 34% on Massey Ferguson and Challenger and up to 26% on Toro and Exmark). Looks like some good deals. They are not offering those in Australia. If they did they would get the deal.

Still interested in opinions on whether one machine is better than the other

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads

Either will be plenty of mower to suit your needs! And both should last years.You get different opinions on the hydros, but I can tell you that the zt5400 hydros on the gravely are top of hydrogear's line. I admittedly have little experience with gravely, but I do have experience with the drive train offered on the gravely. I have zt5400 hydros on my mower. Does great on slopes, and is built for heavy duty mowers.The z master is a very good mower as well.

harks11

Forum Newbie
Threads
thanks for the replies. Now let them battle out on price

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

The Toro 6000 I believe uses the Parker 16cc unitized pump and wheel motor, The HTG Professional series. Their GCW rating is 2500lbs. Parker makes some of the best drives on the market and they're a lot easier to maintain than the Hydro gear. I'll take Parker over Hydro gear any day. If your paying as much as I think you're paying that 5 year warranty from Toro would be nice to have.

zmister11

Threads

Which mower did you end up getting?

harks11

Forum Newbie
Threads
Which mower did you end up getting?

Well after a tight tussle I went with the Gravely 460 with reversed lug tyres. I would have been happy with both machines. Toro had the longer warranty and Gravely had the bigger engine (not that I needed it but... ) So it came down to price, both machines were supported locally so no split there either. Probably an overkill for s small acreage but I have spent a lifetime learning the daily price you pay for buying rubbish machinery. So this is a commercial machine which should see me out the door. Unless of course there is a new piece of technology the one must just have to have. :smile: Thanks for all the help

Ozarktraveler

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well after a tight tussle I went with the Gravely 460 with reversed lug tyres. I would have been happy with both machines. Toro had the longer warranty and Gravely had the bigger engine (not that I needed it but... ) So it came down to price, both machines were supported locally so no split there either. Probably an overkill for s small acreage but I have spent a lifetime learning the daily price you pay for buying rubbish machinery. So this is a commercial machine which should see me out the door. Unless of course there is a new piece of technology the one must just have to have. :smile: Thanks for all the help

Why would the lug tires be better installed in reverse pattern?