Gravely Mower

TDog225

Forum Newbie
Threads
In February of this year I purchase a lawn care business. It pretty much had everything my sons and I needed to start a lawn service. I really didn't know much about zero turn commercial or residential lawn mowers since I've never owned one. I purchase a 2010 60"/26 hp with 360 hrs and a 2006 52"/23 hp with 600 hrs. I must say if I don't cut another yard I've gotten my moneys worth. These mowers have held up to the test and haven't disappointed. Since I'm learning as I go, it has come to a point where I need to do some preventative maintenance. I was wondering if anybody can give me some feedback on what's the best type of oil to use for both of these machines and how often should I change it. Also, what other preventative maintenance should I do to keep these machines running at peak performance.

Thanks!

Threads
In February of this year I purchase a lawn care business. It pretty much had everything my sons and I needed to start a lawn service. I really didn't know much about zero turn commercial or residential lawn mowers since I've never owned one. I purchase a 2010 60"/26 hp with 360 hrs and a 2006 52"/23 hp with 600 hrs. I must say if I don't cut another yard I've gotten my moneys worth. These mowers have held up to the test and haven't disappointed. Since I'm learning as I go, it has come to a point where I need to do some preventative maintenance. I was wondering if anybody can give me some feedback on what's the best type of oil to use for both of these machines and how often should I change it. Also, what other preventative maintenance should I do to keep these machines running at peak performance.

Thanks!

If you find the model number you can find a manual for your mower that has lots of info: Ariens Order Owners Manuals :smile:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

Thanks!
Welcome to Lawn Mower Forum. Give us some more info(models) for your mowers(and engine make/series). you really don't want to go much more than 50 hours between oil & filter changes using them commercially. I too am a very happy Gravely ZTR owner(bought a 52" 2012 Pro-Turn XDZ100 last fall). That link user lawn mower fanatic should be very useful as I am assuming you didn't get User Manuals with those mowers based upon your maintenance questions. Since they are used you definitely want to make sure they are up-to-date on all required maintenance for them to last you.
P.S.
Most Gravely ZTR's have a plate on the right side under the seat with the Model# and Serial#. That'll help you get the right manual in that link.