Gravely HD52 vs BadBoy ZT Elite 54 vs ?? - 2 Acres Plus

jascott

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Gravely HD52 vs BadBoy ZT Elite 54 vs ?? - 2 Acres Plus
We've purchased a 16 acre property in North Texas of which I'll need to mow 2-3 acres on. I will be mowing a couple of strips on eaither side of a gravel driveway that is about 1/4 mile long along with a gently sloped bar ditch that is about 200 feet long. The rest of the land is "yard" around a house and shop with a few slopes and a few trees. I had about decided on a 52-54" ZTM, but am wanting to make sure I won't regret not getting a 60". I don't have any experience wtih ZTM, but have used riding mowers and tractors/bushhogs in the past. Am I right in thinking the smaller 52-54 will cut better around the trees, flowerbeds, and the slopes?

Thoughts between the Gravely HD52/HD60 and the BadBoy ZT Elite 54/60 models? They all have the same Kawasaki residential engine and the 3100 Hydros. I'm happy with both dealers and they are both close by. The deck is heavier on the BB and is supported by threadable/adjustable bolts. The Gravely deck is not as thick and is supported by chains.

I have read about all I can find on these two and am planning to buy this week.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Once you get used to a Zero Turn, deck size means little except finishing faster. Make sure the deck you want will fit every where you want to mow then purchase it.

jascott

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought a Hustler Fastrak 54" yesterday. Should be delivered today and hope to get some time in this weekend...

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Enjoy the fun.

zmister11

Threads
Bought a Hustler Fastrak 54" yesterday. Should be delivered today and hope to get some time in this weekend...

Take some pics when you get it!