Repairs Grasshopper 725 G2 Sheave

gator89

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the sheave off the read of the pto shaft or atleast get the key out of it because i've about ran out of ideas and i can't get it off....

Ida-Boy

Threads
I was under my 725 G2 today looking for a grease fitting on the pulley on the rear of the mower. I think you are talking about the same pulley that I am. Have never removed it but as with many other parts, once key is removed taking a rubber mallet and bumping it may help. I had to do that to remove the quick connect coupler PTO. WD40 and tap tap tap...

Mrben

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2002 725... the key fell out of it once and the belts fell off... the shaft was vibrating because the bearing was bad. I put the pully (sheave) on backwards and put in the pin. I then noticed my error because the two belts didn't line up. I tried and tried and tried to take the pin out. It won't budge. Some people suggest welding a piece on it and beat it out... I've only been using one belt on it and it works... hoping the pin falls out again... Good luck..