Grass Trimmer

Grasstrology

Threads
I'm going to buy my first grass trimmer, but I would like some help on deciding. I'm already settling with a 4 cycle craftsman mower because then I don't have to mix oil and gas. However, I noticed that there are two types of trimmers-a curved shaft and straight shaft. To me, the curved shaft seems more professional, but it's cheaper that a straight shaft. Would anyone please tell me the pros and cons of each? I'm mainly using it to edge, and to trim those out of reach areas my mower can't tackle.

mowerman05

Threads
I use a straight shaft bacause it allows me to trim under many different things that you cant reach with a curved shaft.as for edging I use a edger so no help there.

Bacon8r

Threads
Straight shaft all the way. I'm pretty tall and strait shaft is a lot easier for me.also you can't really edge with a curved shaft. At least in my area you only see straight shaft trimmers on the lawn guys trucks. Just IMO.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
A curved shaft will spin the head clockwise and the straight shaft will spin it counterclockwise.
As a rule it takes less power to spin the straight shaft head.

I use both. I like the curved shaft for around the house and fence as the head turns clockwise it throws the grass away from me.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very hard to edge with a curved shaft.

A straight shaft will last longer

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

possum

Threads
I like the curved shafts. No gearbox to wear out.

Grasstrology

Threads
Alright thanks guys, I guess I'm gonna go out and get a straight shaft since I need to edge