Good lawn care flyer

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep, just make sure vehicle will accept it. Done a set of magnetics for a guy's car and they wouldn't "stick" to the door. We now ask when someone wants to order them if a magnet will "stick" to the door.
I seen last year a guy that had printed out a piece of cardstock with name & phone number on it, laminate it. He taped it to his truck, it was a lawn service.

There are a lot of different ways to advertise for cheap, you don't have to spend a fortune. 250 free business cards from Vista print is pretty cheap along with CL can get you any number of clients.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
There are a lot of different ways to advertise for cheap, you don't have to spend a fortune. 250 free business cards from Vista print is pretty cheap along with CL can get you any number of clients.

I only get low ballers on CL.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I only get low ballers on CL.

When I first started I had pretty good luck on CL, when you're starting you have to take what you can get and weed them out at a later date. After a time and you build a reputation word of mouth will be your best advertisement. I've been in business now for almost ten years and haven't advertised for at least seven years and haven't had the magnetic signs on the truck since I got the new F 150 in Sept 2013 and I get all the work I can handle. You'll be the one who makes or breaks the business not ads.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
When I first started I had pretty good luck on CL, when you're starting you have to take what you can get and weed them out at a later date. After a time and you build a reputation word of mouth will be your best advertisement. I've been in business now for almost ten years and haven't advertised for at least seven years and haven't had the magnetic signs on the truck since I got the new F 150 in Sept 2013 and I get all the work I can handle. You'll be the one who makes or breaks the business not ads.

Yep, word of mouth got me so many clients. It is the best advertisement. I have some clients just come out of there car and walk up to me in the backyard to get my services.

I do have truck magnets to let everyone know I am a company that isn't hidding. I also got sitckers on all of my equipment.

I did the same in the begining. Got the crappy houses and all of that. I still have a few, because they refered me to many others. We all have a few yards we don't like.

X-man

Threads
I haven't used CL so I can't say much about the low baller thing

I've been having word of mouth go around like crazy lately, so I'm starting to get more customers. Last year I had a 35% increase from the year before, I'm expecting a bigger increase this year. This is going to be my fourth year.

I don't even do much advertising. Couple fliers here and there, and some business cards and that's it. For the most part it's just been word of mouth.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I haven't used CL so I can't say much about the low baller thing

I've been having word of mouth go around like crazy lately, so I'm starting to get more customers. Last year I had a 35% increase from the year before, I'm expecting a bigger increase this year. This is going to be my fourth year.

I don't even do much advertising. Couple fliers here and there, and some business cards and that's it. For the most part it's just been word of mouth.

The lowballer thing isn't just present on CL it's in a lot of the flyers that are being put out also that's the reason I just trash the things when theY show up on my door. I think the thing that bugs me the most is that the people who use flyers are 9 times out 10 breaking the law by using mail boxes and leaving them in neighborhoods that are clearly marked as NO SOLICITATION PERMITTED. If they show up in the subdivision I'm working and I find them a couple will go to the HOA office and the rest go in the trash.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well in Canada we can put door flyers without going to jail...

Anyways, yes I do see the lowballers on flyers also.

X-man

Threads
The lowballer thing isn't just present on CL it's in a lot of the flyers that are being put out also that's the reason I just trash the things when theY show up on my door. I think the thing that bugs me the most is that the people who use flyers are 9 times out 10 breaking the law by using mail boxes and leaving them in neighborhoods that are clearly marked as NO SOLICITATION PERMITTED. If they show up in the subdivision I'm working and I find them a couple will go to the HOA office and the rest go in the trash.

I only put my flyers on bulletin boards. I don't go around and post them on doors/mailboxes.

I've had a few lowballers through flyers myself. I was just saying that I don't know about the lowballers on CL because I don't use it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well in Canada we can put door flyers without going to jail...

Anyways, yes I do see the lowballers on flyers also.

You can mail boxes here if done correctly. Using flyers isn't the problem. It's some of the people who use them and the way they use them that's the problem. I figure if an individual enters an area that has NO solicitations signs posted at every entrance and uses mailboxes the way some do isn't someone that's real respectful of someones privacy and property and I sure wouldn't want them mowing my lawn.