GF1800

bro mark

Forum Newbie
Threads
Recently sold my skag to a lady who owns a fairly large trailer park. When I delivered it, I noticed the 1800 sitting out behind the garage. Plenty beat up. She said it hasn't been used for a year or so. Told me it was "wore out" (looked it). Also told me I could have it if I would haul it off. I drained the old diesel out, made sure it had oil in it, hooked up the jumpers and turned the key. It didn't even hesitate to come alive. Loaded it on my trailer and brought that baby home. Getting ready to service it real good and see what kind of treasure this is (hopefully not a black hole).:cool:

AndyMan

Threads
What a great find! Many people don't know - or care - what they have. To them it's just an eyesore and they are glad to be rid of it. So remember the golden rule - it never hurts to ask!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
told me I could have it if I would haul it off. I drained the old diesel out, made sure it had oil in it, hooked up the jumpers and turned the key. It didn't even hesitate to come alive.

The Kubota GF1800 is a great mower.. I'd say no matter what may be worn out on the deck or whatever... you have nothing in it at this point, so it's going to be worth a rebuild:smile:...
:smile:KennyV

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
Sounds good from what you've described. Plus, it sounds to me like you really know what you're doing. I have a good feeling about this one. Isn't it exciting to find a treasure that someone thought of as junk? It's amazing what people want to get rid of.