Getting rid of burmuda grasd

Mbc

Threads
Any help would be great....
My yard is appropriately 90% burmuda grass! Is there any way I could get rid of it? And replace with fescue? I just hate the brown dead look.....

Thnx

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Any help would be great.... My yard is appropriately 90% burmuda grass! Is there any way I could get rid of it? And replace with fescue? I just hate the brown dead look..... Thnx

I have Bermuda grass and over seed it with rye in the winter. The rye will die off in the spring.

Bermuda is really a weed.

How to kill it is still a. Mystery. You can spray it with a weed killer but in a couple months it will be back.

Fescue stays green year round but is more work to keep green in the summer months.

Mbc

Threads
Thnx for the info. Maybe I'll just deal with it? Prob. Would be to much trouble!!!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thnx for the info. Maybe I'll just deal with it? Prob. Would be to much trouble!!!

If you aerate in the fall and over seed with rye you will have green grass in the winter and the Bermuda will come back stronger and healthier in the spring. A lot less work and a more beautiful lawn.

Mbc

Threads
Hey, thanks that doesn't sound to difficult?

possum

Threads
Around here we just over seed with Tall Fescue.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Around here we just over seed with Tall Fescue.

I know people around here the over seed with fescue. I use the rye because it dies off as the Bermuda starts to green back up.
The fescue lines to hang around.

Mbc

Threads
What's the easiest way to over seed? I've never done it before!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
What's the easiest way to over seed? I've never done it before!

In the fall cut your grass down short.
If you have a riding mower you can rent a pull behind aerator. Ride over the lawn 4 or 5 times making wide turn as to not rip up the grass. Spread the seed as per the instructions on the bag.
I do mine at the end of September.

Mbc

Threads
Ok thanks for the help......