Getting ready to take the plunge on a engine for the log splitter

chops

Threads
  • / Getting ready to take the plunge on a engine for the log splitter
It comes down to 2 engines 1 which was referenced by a respected member 121s02-005F1 . The other one was referenced by the log splitter Teck support 126m02-042 F1. With this information I wanted to compare them to see the differences specifically on the flywheel THE cc's or HP and on the Price..... problem being I can only find one engine for sale ..and only parts for the 126m02043 F1 IS THIS ENGINE DISCOUNTINUED ?
Another well respected member referenced other options but after 2 days of looking for mowers I'm starting to feel the crunch and narrowed it down to these 2 engines has anyone seen this model 126m02043F1 for sale on a website.
100_0338.jpg

Attachments

• 100_0338.jpg
    100_0338.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

chops

Threads
just got off the phone with respected member BOUDREAUX As he is researching engines for me as I am doing the same. I still haven't found a website with Briggs and Stratton engine model #126m0 -2432-F1 any input of where I can find this engine online so I can compare prices and other specs to the121s02-2005-F1 would be appreciated stump.jpg I got some big pieces needed to be split

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
What's special about this engine? Almost any engine can drive a hydraulic pump. Does this engine do something more than drive a pump?

chops

Threads
What's special about this engine? Almost any engine can drive a hydraulic pump. Does this engine do something more than drive a pump?

It is my understanding a heavier flywheel prevents kickback. I also would like to compare price and cc with the 2 engines . I have noticed some websites advertise engines as utility engines and not lawnmower engines. I would like to see if it worth the price and cc for this heavier flywheel.

Threads
C Purvis.......

His engine is a vertical shaft like pressure washer type application. So he needs a 7/8 X 3 5/32 shaft engine 190 CC...

He can take the flywheel from his older engine and put it on a new engine that has the regular lawn mower flywheel so he doesn't get a kick back and yank his arm off.

He already has built 2 engines already and knows how to to that.......

His replacement engine is a 126M02-0432 F1

If you can locate one on the web or locally in your area let us know please ~!~!

Thank you in advance ~!~!

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
You probably know more places to look for engines than I do.

My hillbilly instincts would kick in when faced with trying to find a not-so-easy-to-find engine. My fix to that would be, go to surplus center and find an equivalent horsepower engine, preferably horizontal shaft, along with a pump adapter for that engine.

I'm sure you've already looked at these places. They're the only ones I know:

Surplus Center
Jack's Small Engine
Tulsa Engine Warehouse
The Briggs website under "repower"

Good luck!

Threads
Or any 6.75 hp. Briggs engine with that shaft size will suit him...........

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Briggs is recommending replacing the 126M02-0432 engine with a 126M02-1015, which briggs distribution is superceding to a 104m02-0021-F1 with a note to contact tech support if used on a log splitter. I suspect that the recommended replacement has the aluminum flywheel, and needs to be replaced with the heavy flywheel to make it work.

the 126M02-0432 is no longer a valid engine in the briggs distribution system.

chops

Threads
Briggs is recommending replacing the 126M02-0432 engine with a 126M02-1015, which briggs distribution is superceding to a 104m02-0021-F1 with a note to contact tech support if used on a log splitter. I suspect that the recommended replacement has the aluminum flywheel, and needs to be replaced with the heavy flywheel to make it work.

the 126M02-0432 is no longer a valid engine in the briggs distribution system.
WOW !!! When I called the Tech Rep for the log splitter he said original engine was no longer available and that it's Replacement was 126m02-0432F1 in fact when I asked what was the original engine for my own curisioty I was told that it does not show up other than no longer available and Briggs and recommends 126m02-0432. which I was fine with. Now I try finding the specs to the new engine at their web site after having a bit of a problem I had to call their tech support. Briggs Tech ONLY was concerned with knowing what was the original engine .. After 12 minutes of of trying to explain to him all I need was shaft dimension of the engine replacement. HE kept telling me he could not give out that info. Finally I said the log spliter co.is recommending this briggs engine who you work for finally he says he will tell me under a disclaimer and ends up giving the wrong specs anyhow.He never mentioned that this engine is being discontinued. WTH I never had such a hard time with their support before I always told people go with briggs great support on their website (Rant over )

Back to business .ILENGINE thanks for this info ; Looks like that engine you referenced me 121s02-2005F1 IS THE ONE IM GONNA PURCHASE I believe it has the heavy flywheel
Id like to thank everyone on this post for steering me in the right direction and enlighting me with information I could not find anywhere else including the co which makes the engine !
This FORUM is the best thing I ever joined ....Beside the Military;
Thanks Again Fella's
Respectfully Barry

-