Repairs Generator Model 01925

Twigs

Threads
Not sure if this is the forum to ask about my Toro Bilt generator. Well here it goes. Have been running my generator for two days straight. then it stop giving ac power to my refrig, sub-pump & lamp. I checked the ac circuit breaker and they looked fine. So i went underneath and check the Circuit board on the Alternator. I didn't see any burnt marks but the board is partly enclosed. So does anyone out there have some idea to do? I have check outlet with a meter but no juice.:confused2:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

I'm sure there are a Lot of generators running in your area...
The circuit breaker may look okay but still be tripped, cycle it off and on a few times to reset it... Post back with what you find. GoodLuck to you and all your neighbors... :smile:KennyV

Twigs

Threads
WELCOME to LMF...

I'm sure there are a Lot of generators running in your area...
The circuit breaker may look okay but still be tripped, cycle it off and on a few times to reset it... Post back with what you find. GoodLuck to you and all your neighbors... :smile:KennyV

Do you mean I should start it up and let it run a second or two then shut it off and do this a few times?

possum

Threads
I think what Kenny means is to snap the breaker to the tripped position and then reset it and do this a couple times. Then see if you have current. If that is ok then you should post back the results and Kenny can go from there.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sorry I was not clear... possum has it right.
The reset on circuit breakers is not always that positive... :smile:KennyV

Twigs

Threads
I think what Kenny means is to snap the breaker to the tripped position and then reset it and do this a couple times. Then see if you have current. If that is ok then you should post back the results and Kenny can go from there.

How would you do this . I have buttons, no snaps..sorry for not understanding..

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check the 220 outlet... see if you have anything there....

Twigs

Threads
Check the 220 outlet... see if you have anything there....

Nope nothing there

Are you familiar with the circuit board on this model. Can't tell if it is ok or not

Attachments

• Alternator.jpg
    Alternator.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 4

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Found your generator... You have it as "Not sure if this is the forum to ask about my Toro Bilt generator."
Its actually a TROY Built/Briggs&Stratton... The circuit board is a 24 volt DC source for generator... If you have overloaded it that will be the problem... You can verify this by CAREFULLY following this YouTube clip...: ELECTRIC GENERATOR REPAIR : how to diagnose a generator that is not putting out power - YouTube

Post back with what you find... :smile:KennyV

Twigs

Threads
Found your generator... You have it as "Not sure if this is the forum to ask about my Toro Bilt generator."
Its actually a TROY Built/Briggs&Stratton... The circuit board is a 24 volt DC source for generator... If you have overloaded it that will be the problem... You can verify this by CAREFULLY following this YouTube clip...: ELECTRIC GENERATOR REPAIR : how to diagnose a generator that is not putting out power - YouTube

Post back with what you find... :smile:KennyV

Opps..sorry about that...I will check the video..Thanks...