General Transmission Element V Experiences

itguy08

Threads
After moving to a new house last year on .4 acre and the 2 hours of lawn mowing/trimming/blowing every week finally got to me about a month ago I picked up an Ariens A22A46 lawn tractor from Home Depot. Decent machine - definitely not high end but for this lawn it should be fine for years to come.

However in reading up on it, it seems as it has a General Transmission Element V CVT in it vs the hydros of just about everyone else. On the surface I really love the idea as it should have less issues than the low end hydros that seem to go out after 3-5 years due to the oil breaking down. Looks like it came out in 2012 and is being used on quite a few Husqvarna produced machines. But can't find much about it and a Google search for General Transmission results in a lot of "extra" stuff.

Anyone have any experience in these? Seems like a great concept...

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Did I read this right you half .4 acres?
Less than half a acre.

itguy08

Threads
Did I read this right you half .4 acres?
Less than half a acre.

Yup, just under a half acre. Didn't mind the mowing - it's great exercise but the 2 hours it took from the time I got out the door, mowed, trimmed, and blew the clumps from our junky 22" Craftsman stunk. Looked into the homeowner Toro 32" and the Craftsman, Cub, etc but at $2k it was cheaper to get the rider (like the majority of the neighbors).