Generac 4000 XL portable gas generator not starting

rodder98

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was running it a month ago when it just quit after an hour of running. It would not start again.
A few days later, I disconnected the oil pressure switch and wanted to change it, but a 1" socket is too small and a 1 1/16" is too big, so I left the oil press switch disconnected.
Yesterday, I tried starting it and it started and ran fine. I shut it off after maybe 6 or 7 minutes. Then, JUST 40 MINUTES LATER, I was ready to use it, but it would not start at all. Not even for a second with carb cleaner squirted into the air cleaner. I could not pull the spark plug because there is no room the get a socket in there due to gas tank above it.
What the heck is going on with this engine?

rodder98

Forum Newbie
Threads

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Thanks for the reply. Please tell me what this has to do with the generator not starting.
i am using the generator outside and not connected to any building. I want to use it as a source of power out away from any buildings or other power source.
Long term, it would be better to have low oil pressure switch working because generators can run for long periods of time. So low oil switch that shuts off spark is good. You have fuel, and compression because it was running prior to no start. You need to check for spark. It may mean removing tank to pull spark plug.