Gearbox grease

McB

Threads
You don’t tell us the manufacturer, so how are we to know exactly what type of lube you need. If you look up the specs for Ronex ED #1, you will see that this is way over kill for a snowblower gearbox. Second, you stated;
From the manufacturer's manual:
AUGER GEAR CASE•The gear case was filled with lubricant to the proper level at the factory. The only time the lubricant needs attention is if service has been performed on the gearcase.
If you are not going to open the gearbox, why throw out the manufactures recommendation?
I updated my post. It's a Husqvarna 924HV
MODEL 961930070 00. DOM 091911(2011)

Thanks for pointing that out.

I contacted Husqvarna to ask where to get Ronex ED 1. They are looking that up for me

Lawn Addict
Threads
Mixing different type greases can cause an oily situation, as they can be non-compatible.

jviews12

Threads
sounds like keep an eye on it after every use. regular maintenance and in your case, a watchful eye. simple as probably a 3/8 square bolt to remove and inspect/fill. less than 5 minutes after 1st time.

McB

Threads
sounds like keep an eye on it after every use. regular maintenance and in your case, a watchful eye. simple as probably a 3/8 square bolt to remove and inspect/fill. less than 5 minutes after 1st time.
In my case it's two plastic plugs.