GCV 160 runnig rough

matthias76

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi !!

my brand new Honda HRG 466C PK runs rough after only one mow job.....:confused2: :thumbdown:
i can`t explain good in english so i`ve done a video.
sure got warranty and i will show it to the Honda dealer, but.......i want to know previously what maybe the problem is.
in the vid engine is warm and the bowden cable connected to the carburator moving front and back all the time.
when engine was cold i think it runs better.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxl2LgipKizBN2FFbXNha1BPR0E/view?usp=sharing

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi !!

my brand new Honda HRG 466C PK runs rough after only one mow job.....:confused2: :thumbdown:
i can`t explain good in english so i`ve done a video.
sure got warranty and i will show it to the Honda dealer, but.......i want to know previously what maybe the problem is.
in the vid engine is warm and the bowden cable connected to the carburator moving front and back all the time.
when engine was cold i think it runs better.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxl2LgipKizBN2FFbXNha1BPR0E/view?usp=sharing

It is a carburetor problem, just a low speed air adjustment should fix it. Let the dealer do it if its in warranty.

matthias76

Forum Newbie
Threads
thx for ur answer.

first mow job it works normal. and now 2 weeks later i got this problem.
is this an every day problem ?
i dont want go to dealer every few weeks :confused2:
one time fixed, it stay fixed !?

over 5 years i got an cheap hardware store low quality mower.
never got engine problems. im so dissapointed now.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I find that Honda dose make a good product. I also find as being in the repair trade you can have problems with any brand. They call them lemons in this country.

matthias76

Forum Newbie
Threads
today i took it to the dealer. he said that i screw the fuel tank cap too hard. gets no air in tank.
i said screw it lower thats not the problem. after engine warm it sounds like in my video. he took it away to repair it. hope get it back soon.
They call them lemons in this country.
in germany them called "Montagsauto" -> monday car -> produced on a lazy monday mornin ;-)
hope i dont bought a mondaymower "lemonmower"

matthias76

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mower is back from service.

they cleaned the carburator. after they do 30 minutes testrun without problems.
they told me that Honda due a factory engine test run. on some model the fuel isnt sucked completly out the carburator and make problems.......
hm.......

hope no lemon mower !!

gainestruk

Threads
You shouldn't have any more problems with it.

Be sure and use fresh gas in mower, if it will sit more than one week put stabilizer in gas, this winter after you finish mowing for year drain all but a little bit of gasoline in bottom of tank, add some stabilizer to tank move mower around to treat all gas then start engine and run it till engine runs out of gas.

This way if any fuel is left in carburetor it will have stabilizer in it.

Be sure you change oil before you put mower away for the winter.

Don't worry about the way it ran that was a very minor problem, as long as you keep fresh gasoline and stabilizer in it more than likely it will never do it again :thumbsup: