Gator Blades

A_tank96

Threads
Hello,

I am looking to replace my Toro timecutter z4200's blades with Gator Blades. However, I don't know which one to order. The mower Model number is 74360, and it is a 2010 model.

Please Help.

Aaron

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello,

I am looking to replace my Toro timecutter z4200's blades with Gator Blades. However, I don't know which one to order. The mower Model number is 74360, and it is a 2010 model.

Please Help.

Aaron

I'm just guessing, but I would think the "length" of the Gator blade matching the length of your OEM blade would be the correct one...not just a specific Gator part number. But admittingly, I know very little about blades and am still learning:0)

Threads
I'm just guessing, but I would think the "length" of the Gator blade matching the length of your OEM blade would be the correct one...not just a specific Gator part number. But admittingly, I know very little about blades and am still learning:0)

I don't know much about them either, but I know you measure from corner to corner to determine the length you need: OREGON® Replacement Lawnmower Blade Search

Blade_Length.gif

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello,

Please Help.

Aaron

Yor best bet if you want a set of gator blades is go to a Toro dealer and tell him what you have and let them get you a set off there shelf, they should have them in stock. That way you'll know your getting the right blades.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yor best bet if you want a set of gator blades is go to a Toro dealer and tell him what you have and let them get you a set off there shelf, they should have them in stock. That way you'll know your getting the right blades.

I totally agree with that!!! That is what I planned on doing, but I changed my mind and decided to give the Gravely mulch kit(and their OEM mulching blades) a shot and If I didn't like that setup's performance, get Gator blades as a third spare set of blades. I think the "downside" of my decision is you need to mow more slowly with each individual blade completely enclosed in a circle of baffles(mulch kit) making the complete lawn cutting take a little longer, but all my research seems to indicate slightly better results(almost non-existence of clippings) with the Gravely mulch kit. We'll see:0)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I totally agree with that!!! That is what I planned on doing, but I changed my mind and decided to give the Gravely mulch kit(and their OEM mulching blades) a shot and If I didn't like that setup's performance, get Gator blades as a third spare set of blades. I think the "downside" of my decision is you need to mow more slowly with each individual blade completely enclosed in a circle of baffles(mulch kit) making the complete lawn cutting take a little longer, but all my research seems to indicate slightly better results(almost non-existence of clippings) with the Gravely mulch kit. We'll see:0)

I'd be careful about the mulch kit as the Gator blades may not work with the kit. The Gator blades throw your grass up in the deck and at 18000 Bts it gets cut like 4 times before it's discharged. The problem with the kit is if the grass is cut fine and can't be discharged it will plug up the deck cause it's wet.

LoCo86

Threads
I agree with user Ric in the the fact that gator blades should not be used for strictly mulching. However, if paired with an OCDC then they work great. I say this because I have noticed that in just the short time the side discharge chute is closed off the under side of the cutting deck seems to process the grass clippings quite well. Only downside from this method is that your mowing speed must be reduced.

A_tank96

Threads
I thought of going to my dealer, but wouldn't that just be the Toro version of Gator blades? Or would he sell actual Oregon Gator Blades?

Aaron

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I thought of going to my dealer, but wouldn't that just be the Toro version of Gator blades? Or would he sell actual Oregon Gator Blades?

Aaron

Toro's atomic blades are pretty much the same thing as gator blades except they are OEM