Fuel Solenoid

willowupnorth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Tried a search and received no results, so...

I broke the spade off of the bottom of my fuel solenoid without my knowledge while cleaning the area. Now I find that it is basically a $40 part! Is there an alternative?

Thanks,

Gregg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok I have to say WOW to this. Could you have given any less information. The only thing I think I know is its a MTD.

How about Model number off the sticker on the mower and engine. I can find parts with that.

willowupnorth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry for being a little vague but WOW?

It's a solenoid that lost it's spade. I assumed others may have gone through a similar experience and had something to offer. I could have later communicated additional info in a follow up thread, but I think I'll will attempt to find my information else where.

I'll delete my membership thanks to BlazNT. Thank you for the great experience.

briggs

Threads
please post your model number and make of engine it will help us out in finding the part u need .....I have never seen one brake off before but i have seen them get stuck in the open position

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Tried a search and received no results, so...

I broke the spade off of the bottom of my fuel solenoid without my knowledge while cleaning the area. Now I find that it is basically a $40 part! Is there an alternative?

Thanks,

Gregg

Gregg I am sorry. Been a ruff day. I should have just gone to bed. I will not bother you with my stupidity. There is plenty of talent on here. I will stay out of it.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your options are to replace the solenoid, or remove and cut the plunger off, or remove the plastic cap on the plunger if yours has it.