fuel shutoff solonoid wiring

jaycon23

Forum Newbie
Threads
just bought a briggs and Stratton 19.5 hp motor . wired it up except for fuel solenoid connection. where do I connect the wire to. can anyone help me.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It has to be connected to a terminal that has power all the time the key is on. Both the start and run positions.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
When the key is on the start and crank position, it needs 12 volts. When you shut the keyswitch off, the voltage needs to be gone.....

Or you could just clip the tip off of the needle, but when you shut the mower down, you will likely have a real loud bang that will destroy the muffler.

jaycon23

Forum Newbie
Threads
When the key is on the start and crank position, it needs 12 volts. When you shut the keyswitch off, the voltage needs to be gone.....

Or you could just clip the tip off of the needle, but when you shut the mower down, you will likely have a real loud bang that will destroy the muffler.

I got it to run for 20 min. then died. could not get even a crank. I changed solenoid. started right up . ran for 20 min again. and died. I must be frying the solenoid. i'll check wiring.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can't see how you would be frying it, it is just an electromagnet. Clip the tip off of the first one and screw it in, and see what happens.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'll bet you wired it into the charging circuit. Instead of getting 12V, it may be getting as much as 14.5V, which will burn it out.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah..... That may be it..................................................................