FS air filter upgrade

740jsmayle

Threads
Is there an upgrade kit available for the FS series engines ? I thinking of something along the lines of the FX engines.
Scott

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kawasaki FX engines have the Donaldson type two element air filtration system as standard equipment. The installation of this type of air filter generally requires a carburetor that is setup to operate with this type of air filter. The system on my Hustler X-ONE/ FX730V Kawasaki has an airflow indicator that will show the condition of the air filter elements while the engine is running and indicate when filter element replacements are due.
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile:

740jsmayle

Threads
Thanks Mad Mackie
I couldn't find it anywhere I searched and was wondering if it was possible. I guess I will just have to really pay attention to the air filter on mine.
Scott

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Scott,
My Scag Tiger Cub has a collection system and the bags hang close to the engine air inlet. I recently repowered this machine with a Briggs Professional Turf series engine, but with the original Briggs engine I sometimes would have to change the airfilter every 12-15 hours. I bought the filters by the case on line and have done the same for the new engine. Fortunately the new engine has a more effective air filtration system, so I'm changing filters every 40-50 hours.
I generally put 100-125 hours annually on the Scag.
My Hustler is a rear discharge machine and the air filters stay much cleaner, but the machine gets dusty in cemetery use and no electricity at the cemetery. I clean it with my Stihl backpack blower.
Mad Mackie in CT:laughing::biggrin::smile: