FS 86 Cutting Head p/n's Not Listed in Current Stihl Catalog

jimmy245

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / FS 86 Cutting Head p/n's Not Listed in Current Stihl Catalog
I just aquired a FS 86 Trimmer. Want to purchase new cutting head accessories, however, when looking at the current Stihl catalog of various cutting accessories, the FS 86 is not listed. Here is the link to Cutting Heads Selection Chart from the Stihl Website:

http://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent/.../Cutting-Heads-and-Blades-Selection-Chart.pdf

Perhaps someone can tell me another model that is listed in the catalog that is similar to the FS 86 that I can use as a reference for identifying which accessories will fit the FS 86.

One more question: Does anyone know what years the FS 86 Trimmer was manufactured?

Thanks,
Jimmy
Minnesota

Threads
Since no one replied, I will try my best to answer your question.

Your machine is an older model? If so this is your manual: http://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent/CMSFileLibrary/instructionmanuals/FS81_86_106_Manual.pdf

***PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS IS YOUR MANUAL, AND IF IT'S NOT.....DON'T PROCEED.***

Look on page 21 in the manual, there is a list of trimmer heads that fit. Pages 22-26 go into more detail. Make sure you get the right one, and it would be smart to check with your local Stihl dealer.

Let me know if this helps, and others....please chime in! :smile:

jimmy245

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lawn Mower King:

Thanks for giving me link to Manual. I will take your advice and check with a Stihl dealer.

Jimmy

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
just about any sthil trimmer head will fit the threads :thumbsup::thumbsup: