FR730 Surging @ Idle & Intermediate Speeds

PaPaOK

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2011 Husqvarna GTH26V52LS mower with a Kawasaki FR730VAS04 engine with a little over 90 hours on it. It has run great but recently at idle and intermediate speeds the engine began to surge but it doesn't die. At full throttle for mowing it seems to run fine. I have only used 100% gas in the mower and over the winter months put Sta-bil in the gas tank. I've changed the fuel filter and used spray carburetor cleaner but to no avail. Any idea what could cause this problem and how to correct it?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Try replacing spark plugs, gap to specs., & air filter, use Kawasaki OEM parts.

PaPaOK

Forum Newbie
Threads
Try replacing spark plugs, gap to specs., & air filter, use Kawasaki OEM parts.
Thanks for the advice. I just installed the recommended NGK BPR4ES plugs and the air filter was already replaced not too long . . . unfortunately it did not correct the problem. I'm somewhat mechanical and think is it most likely a carburetor issue . . . perhaps something to do with the jets.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
All jets are fixed now days to stop owners changing it thus causing all like on the planet to immediately cease to exist :confused2:
So apart from being blocked there arefew other jet problems.
Then it plays up try closig the choke slightly ( if you have a seperate choke control ).
If it makes things better you have a fuel delivery problem . water in your fuel, bad fuel.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm a firm believer in using Seafoam appropriately mixed in your 100% gas.

Excellent cleaner, & fuel stabilizer. Plus no expiration on shelf life.

Sta-Bil has only a 2 year shelf life once opened. After 2 yrs it can actually gum up internals.

PaPaOK

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm a firm believer in using Seafoam appropriately mixed in your 100% gas.

Excellent cleaner, & fuel stabilizer. Plus no expiration on shelf life.

Sta-Bil has only a 2 year shelf life once opened. After 2 yrs it can actually gum up internals.

Just purchased a can of Sea Foam and will give it a try.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cool, Wouldn't expect overnight miracle, but it can & will clean internals.