FR651V oil filter choices

bkeller500

Threads
Been around a long time....never knew this, Thanks for sharing!

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Amazing how many are ignorant to the damage being done by blowing out filters. Then, they cry and whine when their warranty is denied. Do not blow out filters under any circumstances.
Curious. Does that include chainsaw air filters?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Applies to paper & fabric filters but not to plain foam because the latter already has big holes all the way through it which is why they get oiled to make the sides of the holes sticky.
When they clean paper filters commercially they use high volume low pressure pulses of compressed air to prevent puncturing the paper
Remember the warnings "do not blow directly onto bare skin" well this is why .

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Amazing how many are ignorant to the damage being done by blowing out filters. Then, they cry and whine when their warranty is denied. Do not blow out filters under any circumstances.
Most engine manufactures recommend taping them lightly to clean them out. If I tap them and a lot of dirt falls out it gets replaced.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kohler oil filters are made by Champion Labs, Inc. Champion Labs make two primary name brands, Champ and Luberfiner.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is compressed air at 200 PSI from an unfiltered undried tank under your bench & there is compressed air at 40psi that has been microscopically cleaned prior to being sealed into a can for use in cleaning cameras , and everything between the two extremes .
When you send a filter out to be cleaned, they hit it with pulses of compressed air , high volume & low pressure.
Further more that air has been through a 3 stage filtering & dewatering process so is nothing but air .
Nothing like what you have in your workshop where most have nothing more than a coarse sponge filter on the intake to prevent sticks & stones and a tiny water filter on the outlet that barely works .
Go into a high end spray shop and look at the set up they have . usually double or triple dewatering then some still have a dewatering filter at the gun, particularly if they are spraying enamel or resin based paints .

FWIW .
Champion also make Stens filters & some for Prime Line

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have 5.8 hours on my new mower with the Kohler ZT740 engine. I did my first oil change and cut open the Kohler oil filter. I didn’t find any noticeable metal inside the filter. The construction of the filter was very good.
You really can’t go wrong with an OEM oil filter. But, there are other brands that are equally as good or better and can be had for a little less money.