FR651 Oil Filter

RayMcD

Threads
Anyone tried a WIX 51391 on FR651?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don’t think that filter would be a good choice based on the WIX application chart.
What’s wrong with a FRAM TG4967, STP S4967, or Super Tech MP4967?

RayMcD

Threads
I don’t think that filter would be a good choice based on the WIX application chart.
What’s wrong with a FRAM TG4967, STP S4967, or Super Tech MP4967?
Hi MParr, my standard go to filter has been a WIX 51394 which is basically the same as you suggestions. The one I asked of is larger OD and length. It is available but normally not in stock, was considering ordering. thanks, Ray

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi MParr, my standard go to filter has been a WIX 51394 which is basically the same as you suggestions. The one I asked of is larger OD and length. It is available but normally not in stock, was considering ordering. thanks, Ray
You might can go a little longer. Fitting a larger diameter filter probably won’t work and could result in a oil leak. Sometimes going longer can cause clearance issues. Also, base plate design comes into play. Some filters have a flat base plate. Some have a convex base plate. And, some have a concave base plate. A convex base plate could cause an oil leak. With a convex base plate, the base plate will make contact with the mounting flange before the gasket can compress and seal.