Flys

dria

Threads
Is there any kind of plant that fly's hate. Something that I can plant as a deterrent to keep them from coming around the house... Or is this something I would have to genetically modify myself?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Venus Fly Trap...:laughing::biggrin:
But they attract them and eat them... In the tropics.
:smile:KennyV

mowingmayhem

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been wondering the same thing. We have had a serious infestation of flies in my backyard this year. I think it was because we have had a much longer warm season than normal. I would like to get rid of them though because it makes it difficult for outdoor dining.

Bethieboo

Threads
Hehe. I like Kennys suggestion. They are tropical but there might be a way to grow them in other places. So how can you get a Venus fly trap to thrive in a non tropical place?

bruce0777

Threads
At work outside we are on some days bothered by the flies. One day someone finished there banana and set the peel down on the table. The banana peel attracted ever fly in the whole surrounding area. They never left the peel or bothered anybody again we were left in complete peace because the flies were busy now. Now how to figure to apply sticky tape glue of some sort to the banana peel?????

Zeroturn

Threads
Heck I'd love to know too. Especially those little black flies. It's been a really wet season so far and the flies have been bad here too. It's like you are constantly swatting them away from you.

noodle

Threads
If you do invent a banana peel fly catcher then you should patent that. With how bad flies are everywhere right now I would buy stock in your company and the Venus fly trap company too!