First cut of the season doesn't look good

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I mowed three lawns today. The cut was not very nice. I didn't have nice deep stripes like usual. I was wondering if others had the same problem?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
First cut of the season should be super low... That way the yellow perenial line is well below the green line when the growing season kicks off. Allows for greener lawn and better stripe. First cuts generally don't look very good but hey neither does the grass

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
First cut of the season should be super low... That way the yellow perenial line is well below the green line when the growing season kicks off. Allows for greener lawn and better stripe. First cuts generally don't look very good but hey neither does the grass

Good to know! That it was I thought. I can't mow much lower. I tried, but the grass was just too yellow so I had to raise my mower.

OutdoorEnvy

Threads
Yeah I just did my second cut of the year and it looks miles better than the first low one. Now if only we can get rain it'll look a lot better :)

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
We've had a good amount of rain on Sunday. I can't wait to go do the second cut next week to see the results.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Good to know! That it was I thought. I can't mow much lower. I tried, but the grass was just too yellow so I had to raise my mower.

If your cutting nothing but yellow on the first cut that's good.. say that yellow line is at 2" you cut it down to 1 3/4" in a few weeks you cut at 4" that gives you 3 1/4" inches of green you can look at it from any angle and it'll be green

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
If your cutting nothing but yellow on the first cut that's good.. say that yellow line is at 2" you cut it down to 1 3/4" in a few weeks you cut at 4" that gives you 3 1/4" inches of green you can look at it from any angle and it'll be green

Very true! But, not all my clients are a fan of "yellow cuts".