Firing a worker.

X-man

Threads
I'm really not looking forward to this coming Monday.

I have to fire one of my workers. For the past 2 months that he has been working for me, he has always missed multiple spots on lawns when mowing them. Not only that, but he does a horrible job weed whacking. I'll have him go around the property TWICE with the weed whacker, and it'll still look like he never even trimmed in the first place.
Lawns will look like he was drunk when he mowed them, whenever he finishes I always see spots of grass sticking up, and the stripes will go all over the place.

I have tried correcting this multiple times.

I've also had 3 different people tell me that he's on the verge of wrecking my lawn tractor, because for no reason, he goes all over the road with it. Just the other day he damn near hit my car when he was pulling in to my driveway with it.

Last week I had him pull weeds for someone's garden, and I strictly told him over three times to only pull the ones with pickers on it. He ended up yanking at least $50 worth of plants out of there. Dumbazz can't tell the difference between a plant and a weed.

I'm tired of it. I have no choice but to fire him. Can't afford to lose customers because of him.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Gotta do what u gotta do.

gfp55

Threads
I'm really not looking forward to this coming Monday.

I have to fire one of my workers. For the past 2 months that he has been working for me, he has always missed multiple spots on lawns when mowing them. Not only that, but he does a horrible job weed whacking. I'll have him go around the property TWICE with the weed whacker, and it'll still look like he never even trimmed in the first place.
Lawns will look like he was drunk when he mowed them, whenever he finishes I always see spots of grass sticking up, and the stripes will go all over the place.

I have tried correcting this multiple times.

I've also had 3 different people tell me that he's on the verge of wrecking my lawn tractor, because for no reason, he goes all over the road with it. Just the other day he damn near hit my car when he was pulling in to my driveway with it.

Last week I had him pull weeds for someone's garden, and I strictly told him over three times to only pull the ones with pickers on it. He ended up yanking at least $50 worth of plants out of there. Dumbazz can't tell the difference between a plant and a weed.

I'm tired of it. I have no choice but to fire him. Can't afford to lose customers because of him.

Its never fun firing someone, but if he can't meet your standards then, well....

X-man

Threads
It's not even that hard. Anybody can use a push mower without missing spots in the lawn.

And how the hell could you possibly crash a garden tractor?

gfp55

Threads
I had to fire a friend once. He hit the automatic sprinkling heads (every time he cut this one lady's yard) instead of pushing them down before cutting. I thought I'll put him on the tree/bushes/beds trimming crew. I stopped by the job site one day to check on him and found that he could hold up a rake very good and was super good at balancing a rake on his one finger. Some people just don't get it.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Screwing around is unacceptable, wasteful. Being dumb and not learning is unacceptable. Slow is acceptable as long as the job is constantly good and the quality is good.

Quality and attention to detail is first and foremost. Speed comes later

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I had to fire my brother inlaw I few years ago. I knew he was a dumb azz bit had to give home a job. He broke the pull cord in everything that had one. Could not mow with a rider or push mower. Final straw was putting a blade on upside down after I showed him 3 ways to tell how the blade goes. Ask him why he did and he kicked the mower. I made him walk home

X-man

Threads
I had to fire my brother inlaw I few years ago. I knew he was a dumb azz bit had to give home a job. He broke the pull cord in everything that had one. Could not mow with a rider or push mower. Final straw was putting a blade on upside down after I showed him 3 ways to tell how the blade goes. Ask him why he did and he kicked the mower. I made him walk home

Some people just have no respect for others. It sucks.

And that's a prime example right there. He obviously didn't care.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ya that guy couldn't have respected his work, you as his boss, or your equipment. I would have canned him to.