fh451v voltage problems

ccoorreeyy

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Scag walk behind has a Kawasaki fh451v engine. I'm getting 32 volts dc from the single stator wire (charging coil has two wires joined to 2 diodes that combine into single wire) while running around 3000 rpm. This motor has no regulator so I'm guessing those diodes are converting ac to dc. At the plug where the pto elec clutch plugs in I get 52 volts when I pull the switch to turn the blades on. It's NOT engaging the elec clutch to start the blades and I'm guessing it's because of to much voltage. I can unplug the clutch and run a jumper from a 12v source to it while the engine is running and it will engage the clutch and start the blades. Just to be clear my mower is.pull start with no battery. Got any clue.why I'm getting so much voltage at the pto???? Can I cut those diodes off and add a regulator from those 2 ac wires from the stator? Please help!

ccoorreeyy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, just cut off diodes and am now getting 75v AC from the charging coil so that won't work either I guess. I sure hate to buy a new on we. Any thoughts other than I'm a cheap skate?????

ccoorreeyy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the Linc. I actually printed out that whole manual earlier today and studied it. I believe the charging coil is bad. I oredered one and will know Thursday if I was correct.

Thanks again

ccoorreeyy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dropped in the replacement charging coil today and still have the same problems. Puke! Any change the flywheel is causing my voltage problems?