Buying Advice Ferris IS700 Mower-Not Worth the Money

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hate to burst your bubble but long wait times, especially now in peak mowing season is the norm. You think Deere is any better? Good luck. $$$$$

Just another reason to own a second or 5 more mowers. When your Ferris takes a dump you have your others to mow your Jack and the Bean Stock down with LOL.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
You know this new world economy has copied the diamond industry right? They only allow X ammount of diamonds on the market at one time. Jacking the price up for you and me. Not hiring back employees and ships not being offloaded, COVID. It was all a master plan to drop this on all of US who are now paying triple for everything all under the Biden Cartel.

None of us, none, ever saw these prices we are seeing now under Trump. Love the guy or hate the guy. When Trump was at the wheel things were cheaper. This is all on Biden's watch people. Kamala is all up in it too.

yvesbigras

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hate to burst your bubble but long wait times, especially now in peak mowing season is the norm. You think Deere is any better? Good luck. $$$$$

Just another reason to own a second or 5 more mowers. When your Ferris takes a dump you have your others to mow your Jack and the Bean Stock down with LOL.
Well I've owned Deere's and currently own one of the tractors, they aren't perfect no manufacturer is, however the dealer network, is certainly much stronger, and inventory I know for a fact on machine down parts have a certain criteria that must be stocked, I know this because I used to work for Deere and Company. My gut told me from the beginning to stick with Deere, but the suspension on the Ferris kind of made me want to go with that, I should have just rolled the 4 acres smoother and stuck with a company with a strong dealer network, and not one that abandoned theirs in Canada last year.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can't win them all.......

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Right now there is a big supply problem that is yet to be fully overcome
President Trump started a trade war with China which caused China to restrict supply of some parts to USA manufacturers so the USA manufacturers can not make anything because everything has Chinese sourced components in them.
Then covid struck and the restricted supply became a zero supply
I have waited 2 years to get a loom for a Toro
Right now I have a pile of hand held tools waiting for starter pulleys, carb parts gears, bearings etc.
I have a Swisher still waiting for a hydro fan for over 2 years .
It took 18 months to get belts guards for some Murrays , etc etc etc

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
When I have to order B&S or husqvarna parts I cringe. Some stuff took over 2 months.

Honest Abe

Threads
President Trump started a trade war with China which caused China to restrict supply of some parts to USA manufacturers so the USA manufacturers can not make anything because everything has Chinese sourced components in them.
Right now I have a pile of hand held tools waiting for starter pulleys, carb parts gears, bearings etc.
Just maybe Trump was right to do so. Darn near everyone knows that the quality of the metal and parts coming from China are inferior; but, alas they are cheaper due to labor costs. So, the issue becomes a Fram oil commercial, i.e. "You pay me now or you pay me later". Just maybe it's time to start making things back in in the U. S. of A. once again and start paying the American worker reasonable wages to do so. I may be wrong, but in the long run the overall costs to the consumer will probably be close to the same as buying from China. Just a thought . . . . .

jbugj

Threads
BS, and I don't mean B&S. There is PLENTY of political blame to go around, especially where covid is concerned...so its best to keep this repair forum to repairs...

pioneerlion

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’ve had an IS700Z for 9 years now. With the 23 hp Kawasaki engine. 327 hours. I mow 3 acres, over all kinds of terrain on my yard - flat, hill, incline, rough ruts, etc. Runs great, cuts great. I get it serviced every winter at the dealer. Never had a belt snap. Blades get worn with all the downed branches in my yard, but that’s expected. This mower is easily the last one I’ll ever buy.