Buying Advice Ferris IS700 Mower-Not Worth the Money

Honest Abe

Threads
Sometime late last summer, the belt jumped off my new IS2100Z. I assumed a stick or something contributed to this. Put belt back on and continued to mow. Fast forward to this summer, cleaning deck after mowing, noticed a cut in the belt, removed belt, also found large chunk missing. Called dealer, said belts are a normal wear item!!!!! It has 132 hrs., my John Deere X720SE has over 600hrs. w/ no belt issues! Contacted the warranty guy @ the dealer, said it looks like rodents chewed the belt (there are no teeth marks, and it is kept in my garage). Contacted Ferris via email, no response. The problem is, when mowing fast (that is what they are designed to do), objects get thrown onto the deck and into the belt. I didn't design it or build it, so who is responsible????
e
Your Customer Service "Normal wear" comment reminded me of a Chevy S10 I owned years ago (30 year Chevy man until this). Loved that little p/u; but, the dang thing immediately leaked oil on the garage floor. Took it in for warranty repair, which the dealer did 4 times, but it still kept leaking. On the 5th attempt the service department called me and said that any further warranty work was being denied by corporate, without explanation. Well now, I go to the dealership and I ask the service manager to call corporate service so I can talk to them; and, I speak with the head lady who immediately tells me, quote - "That is normal seepage." So, I ask her "at what point in time as I'm driving across US90 should I expect a problem since at some point in time the truck will be out of oil. She immediately hung up on me. Then I drove across the street to our local court and filed a small claims lawsuit against the dealer and GM/Chevrolet. Took the vehicle to another repair shop who found that the oil pan had a tweet in the edge which was causing the "seepage". Won the suit in 15 minutes and recovered the $1,400 repair cost. My next vehicle was a Toyota and have stuck with them ever since......