Ferris is3000 can't adjust the steering arms

CarlosOvelar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Please help me with my Ferris is 3000
I cant adjust the steering arms one is harder then the other one .

Davenj4f

Threads
Please help me with my Ferris is 3000
I cant adjust the steering arms one is harder then the other one .
Can't find anything about a model Ferris 3000. are you sure that is the model ? And what is it you can't adjust ?

Davenj4f

Threads
Can't find anything about a model Ferris 3000. are you sure that is the model ? And what is it you can't adjust ?
I found the model, must be an older one. But, what is it you can't adjust ?

CarlosOvelar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi how are you? Yes is an older model
is 3000 2FKAV2561 when I pushed the handle bar forward the left side is faster then the right side and I can't adjust to go evenly forward. Thank you for your response.

Attachments

• IMG_5565.jpeg
    IMG_5565.jpeg
    739.4 KB · Views: 1

Davenj4f

Threads
Hi how are you? Yes is an older model
is 3000 2FKAV2561 when I pushed the handle bar forward the left side is faster then the right side and I can't adjust to go evenly forward. Thank you for your response.
There aren't any adjustments in the hydraulic system, other than mechanical stops for the levers. At least as far as I know. I have had to deal with hydraulic issues before, and my first question is, has the hydraulic fluid and filters been changed as required ? I'm assuming that the fluid levels are ok. If not, you will have issues, maybe such as that. First thing I would do is change the fluid and filters, per the manual. If that doesn't correct the problem, you will need to take it to a dealer, unless someone else here has had that exact problem and knows the fix.
Good luck, I would like to know the final fix.

CarlosOvelar

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes the hydraulic oil and filter changed recently oil level is ok .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There is a couple places that could be a problem if the arm has high resistance. One the pivot point bushing binding. The other could a damper going bad.

Dampers fails in two ways most times. Either they offer little to no resistance all or they first binding up. Recently I had a customer insisted his LH damper was bad when in fact it was RH one that was bad. The RH offered no resistance while the LH was operating as intended. He just me extra work as he had already tried LH damper off but ran into problems of not knowing how to get it off.