FAVORITE MOWER

What is your favorite brand of mower (zero-turn, riding, or push)

• Total voters

Ariena

Threads
The Case is a 1982 (I think). I got it last fall and finished it a couple of months ago. Very heavily built. I know why they are collected now.
Thanks Bud.

Mad-Mike

Threads
Off-The Shelf

I'm partial to old 70's/80's MTD/Wards stuff for push/self-propelled, particularly the 300 series stuff (362, 364, 343...etc), so as long as it has an 110000 Series Briggs on it. The thing about them is though they are "cheap" they have an advantage of me being able to cobble new parts for them from stock at the hardware store for cheap. I'm building a new rear axle for the one I have now.

I also like Frankenmowers a lot. Years ago I had a Foam Green "Mur-T-Boy" - an 88 Murray with a Briggs Max, MTD Wheels in front, and Lawn-Boy wheels in back. I also had the "Candystore 20" - a 20" Murray deck with a vertical pull start 3.5 HP Briggs engine, ball bearing wheels, and an MTD "shopping cart" handle - painted a freakish white/orange/yellow paintjob, it look like a fisher price toy turned into a real mower. Man, I wonder where the photos went of those crazy beasts are.

Snapperfreak

Threads
Now that sounds cool. I hope u can find those pics and post them.

tomd999

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hiya,

For 21" walk behind, '80's to early 90's Snapper Commercials with the Wisconsin/Robin engine.

For wide walk behinds, Lesco or Scag with Peerless gear trans

Riding lawn mower, the Forrest Gump Snappers

Garden tractor, Deere 318

I know, old stuff but I'm old too so I go with what I know.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
For walk its either AL-KO, Hayter, Toro and Qualcast cylinder mowers.

For tractor its Westwood, Hayter, Toro and MTD.

For ZTR its Dixon and Toro.

All to come with a Briggs and Stratton engine if fitted.

lostinbaja

Threads
I really enjoy cutting grass on my 1960 Swisher Ride King but when the grass needs to be mowed all in the same day, I'm partial to my 1993 Grasshopper 718 K.