Fastrak SD questions in a hurry.

mjgill1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,
Am looking at a 2007 Fastrak SD MN#928374 SN#07111191 with 280 hrs on it. It has a Kawasaki FH680V 23hp. motor.

It looks like it has the 2800 series hydros vs the ZT3100 that are on the new ones. (UPDATE) According to the model # it has the 3100's. Have they changed since 07?

Does anyone know of any negatives about this mower? Are the hydros good vs the newer ones? Are there issues with the deck, belts, discharge, clogging, clutch, recalls, etc?

I have a cub cadet zforce 50 (laugh it up) and really like the idea of upgrading to the SD but don't want to spend the money on a heavy duty problem child.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I found it yesterday and am supposed to give the guy an answer this afternoon.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

gfp55

Threads
Hi all,
Am looking at a 2007 Fastrak SD MN#928374 SN#07111191 with 280 hrs on it. It has a Kawasaki FH680V 23hp. motor.

It looks like it has the 2800 series hydros vs the ZT3100 that are on the new ones.

Does anyone know of any negatives about this mower? Are the hydros good vs the newer ones? Are there issues with the deck, belts, discharge, clogging, clutch, recalls, etc?

I have a cub cadet zforce 50 (laugh it up) and really like the idea of upgrading to the SD but don't want to spend the money on a heavy duty problem child.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I found it yesterday and am supposed to give the guy an answer this afternoon.

Thanks,
Mike
There are lot of threads on this forum about the fastrak SD, you should read some before you buy. Thats all the help I can give you fast.

mjgill1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yep, Been there done that. Read all the related threads.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi all,

It looks like it has the 2800 series hydros vs the ZT3100 that are on the new ones.

Thanks,
Mike
How much is the owner asking for it?? The ZT-2800's are serviceable, but not "Commercial-rated" like the ZT-3100's. Has it been used for commercial mowing or just homeowner use?? With 280 hours it seems doubtful that it was used commercially. Maybe user MrCo(who I believe works at a Hustler dealer) will chime in with some additional insight, but we can't make a decision for you though:0(

mjgill1

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's a one owner machine used residential. The dealer is asking $3200 and giving me $1400 for the cub which is a good deal IMO. I called the dealer and he looked up the drives per model number of the mower and it says they're 3100's.

I just want to make sure this year and model doesn't have a bad reputation or problems...or the engine for that matter. Hoping to hear from someone like the person you mentioned that would be in the know and know the history of any problem ones.

Thanks,
Mike

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's a one owner machine used residential. The dealer is asking $3200 and giving me $1400 for the cub which is a good deal IMO. I called the dealer and he looked up the drives per model number of the mower and it says they're 3100's.

I just want to make sure this year and model doesn't have a bad reputation or problems...or the engine for that matter. Hoping to hear from someone like the person you mentioned that would be in the know and know the history of any problem ones.

Thanks,
Mike

That sounds like a good deal to me too. Since you are buying from a dealer, one would think that it has been checked out thoroughly(if the dealer values his reputation). I'd be hard pressed to pass up a deal like that:0)
With only 280 hours the ZT-3100's should have had one oil/filter change. Can the dealer verify that(are there any service records)??? That and the engine maintenance would be my biggest concerns.

mjgill1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I actually asked him today to contact the original owner to verify whether or not the hydros have been serviced or not and if there is a service record. We'll see what he comes up with.

Still looking for answers to my questions though, if anyone has insight I would appreciate it. Especially insight that would save me from making a mistake. I like the mower and hope there are no negatives.

mjgill1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, I bought it and the dealer was really good. They serviced the hydros (ZT3100's) and went through it to make sure it was in tip top shape. I brought it home and mowed mine and some of my friends lawns. What an awesome machine! I was originally concerned about the so called smooth hydros on Hustler's, heck, I can't imagine mowing without them now. So smooth and cuts like a champ. Very sure footed on the hills compared to my cub and the smooth hydros keep the tires from tearing up the turf. It has flex forks and I can tell that they make a considerable difference compared to what it would be like if they weren't there. My only regret is not buying a Hustler years ago. I am definitely sold on Hustler's and am now a fan as well!

DK35vince

Threads
The FasTrak's are a nice machine.
We had a FasTrack with a 54" deck for 4 years and we really liked it. Worked great.
I just needed larger mower so I upsized to the Hustler Super Z.