Exmark will not start

Hopiedog

Forum Newbie
Threads
I used my Exmark and then turned it off and cleaned it off. When I tried to restart it will not do anything. The only thing that will happen is if I engage the blade switch and then turn the key, it makes a single click sound by the blade belt clutch. If I turn the blade engage switch off, absolutely nothing happens. I had the battery and charger removed and tested and both are fine. Any suggestions at to what to check next?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
All engine ground cables by hand making sure they are tight & secure. Did you wash ZTR with water? Post Exmark model & serial numbers & engine make, model, & serial #"s, thanks Mark
Try blowing engine & electrical dry.
Engine Service Manual above, scroll down to CV493S.

Last edited:

Hopiedog

Forum Newbie
Threads
LCT4818KC S/n 445525

Kohler Command Pro 18 HP CV493S S/n 3318205691

I use a blower and then rinse it off with water after it has cooled down. Been cleaning it like this for the 20 years I have had it.

Thank you for the reply

Born2Mow

Threads
Water causes corrosion on the switches and connectors within the "safety interlock system". There's a switch on the seat, parking brake and both control handles, and those are interconnected with the PTO switch to control the blades.

These switches and connectors aren't well protected (like on a car) because, unlike a car, mowers aren't supposed to see that much water. I'm simply reporting the truth. Not trying to start an argument.